All Sentences - First Person Singular ( 'I' ) - Informal Conversations

Saturday 28 March 2009

IMPORTANT: To learn Telugu Easily and Fastly using this website, I advise you to go to the homepage and go through all my posts. You will find links to all posts in the homepage. Ignore this message if you are already in the homepage.

Please learn to read Telugu text by learning how to read Telugu alphabet. It is very easy as it resembles Sanskrit in terms of sounds. But since many people have requested me to include Telugu transliteration, I have done that.

I advise you to go through this post before you go through this one. It explains in detail all the different forms a verb can take w.r.t all subjects(persons) in English.

Below I wrote some sentences concerning with first person singular that is 'I'. Observe them and learn how Telugu words form a sentence. Observe the modifications to certain words as they are used in the sentence.

Usually the last sounds of last words of certain sentences are left out while speaking. This you might have observed in your own mother tongue too. The same is the case here. Below I am writing complete sentences, but the last sounds in some sentences may be left out while speaking. This you have to identify from listening to Telugu conversations. The sentences below are in random. They are not continuously related. I wrote them as they struck my mind. The below sentences are written arbitrarily, they don't necessarily describe me.

Please note: The English part has three lines. The first line is the Telugu transliteration. The second line is a word by word (respectively) translation of the Telugu sentence to English (It is almost correct, but not exactly correct, it only gives a rough idea, but the third line aptly conveys the exact meaning of the actual Telugu sentence). The third one is the usual complete sentence translation into English.

I REQUEST you all to follow the "Guidelines for pronouncing the transliterated text" that are present at the beginning of this post to AVOID MISPRONUNCIATION

నా పేరు రామదాసు.

nA pEru rAmadhAsu

my name ramadasu

My name is Ramadasu.


నేను డిగ్రీ వరకు చదువుకున్నాను.

nEnu digrI varaku chadhuvukunnAnu

i degree till studied.

I studied till degree.


నేను ప్రస్తుతం ఒక కంపెనీ లో పని/ఉద్యోగం చేస్తున్నాను.

nEnu prasthutham oka kampenI(company) lO pani/udhyOgam chEsthunnAnu

i presently one company in work/employment doing.

Presently I am working in a company.


నాకు ౨౦ (ఇరవై) ఏళ్ళు లేదా నా వయసు ౨౦ ఏళ్ళు.

nAku 20 (iravai) Ellu lEdhA nA vayasu 20 Ellu

to-me 20 (twenty) years or my age 20 years

I am 20 years old or My age is 20 years.


నాకు ఈ పండంటే చాలా ఇష్టం.

nAku I pandantE(pandu+antE) chAlA ishtam

to-me this fruit-means very-much liking/favourite

I like this fruit very much.


నేను నిజమే చెప్తున్నాను, నన్ను నమ్ము.

nEnu nijamE chepthunnAnu, nannu nammu

i truth-only saying, me believe.

I am saying truth only, believe me.


రెండేళ్ళ తర్వాత నేనెక్కడ ఉంటానో నాకే తెలీదు!

rEndElla(rendu+Ella) tharvAtha nEnekkada(nEnu+ekkada) untAnO nAkE thelIdhu

two-years after i-where will-be-there i-only don't-know

After 2 years I only don't know where I will be!


నేను ఏ పని చేయాలన్నా దేవున్ని ప్రార్థించి చెయ్యాలనుకుంటాను.

nEnu E pani chEyAlannA(chEyAli+annA) dhEvunni prArThinchi cheyyAlanukuntAnu(cheyyAli+anukuntAnu)

i any work have-to-do-means to-god having-prayed have-to-do-i-think.

I think that any work I want to do, only after praying God OR I think that, if I want to do any work, I should do it only after praying God.


నేను రోజూ పూజ చేస్తాను.

nEnu rOjU pUja chEsthAnu

i daily prayer will-do/do

I do prayer daily


నాకు బస్సు ప్రయాణం పడదు.

nAku bassu prayAnam padadhu

for/to-me bus journey not-healthy/not-acceptable

Bus journey is not healthy/not accepatable(like you may be allergic(not acceptable by your body/not healthy) to dust) to/for me.


నాకు బస్సు ప్రయాణమంటే/ప్రయాణం ఇష్టముండదు.

nAku bassu prayAnamantE(prayAnam+antE)/prayAnam ishtamundadhu(ishtam+undadhu)

to/for-me bus journey-means/journey not-liking(don't like)

I don't like bus journey.


నేను మంచి వాళ్ళు చెప్పేది వింటాను.

nEnu manchi vAllu cheppEdhi vintAnu

i good people what-is-said will-hear

I listen to what good people say.


నేను సాధారణంగా ఎవరైనా ఏదైనా చెప్తే, దాన్లో ఉన్న మంచిని గ్రహించి, చెడును వదిలేస్తాను.

nEnu sADhAranangA evarainA(evaru+ainA) EdhainA(Edhi+ainA) chepthE, dhAnlO(dhAni+lO) unna manchini grahinchi, chedunu vadhilEsthAnu

i generally any-one any-thing if-said, in-that there good absorb, bad will-leave

Generally if anyone says anything, I absorb the good in that, will leave the bad.


నాకు చాలా ఆటలు వచ్చు.

nAku chAlA Atalu vacchu

to-me many games know

I know many games.


నేను ఎన్నో వింతలు చూసాను నా జీవితంలో ఇప్పటివరకు.

nEnu ennO vinthalu chUSAnu(pronounce 'SA' here as 'sa' in 'sad') nA jIvithamlO ippativaraku

i many wonders saw my in-life now-till.

I saw many wonders till now in my life.


నాకు ఏదైనా కావాలంటే దాని కోసం నేను కష్టపడతాను.

nAku EdhainA(Edhi+ainA) kAvAlantE(kAvAli+antE) dhAni kOsam nEnu kashta padathAnu

to-me anything if-want-means of-that for i will-work-hard

If I want anything I will work hard for that.


నేనెంత చెప్పినా నువ్వు వినలేదు.

nEnentha(nEnu+entha) cheppinA nuvvu vinalEdhu

i-how-much though-said you didn't-listen.

How much ever I said, you didn't listen.


నాకిది కావలి

nAkidhi(nAku+idhi) kAvAli

to-me-this want


I want this.


నాకు ఇదొద్దు లేదా నాకిది వద్దు

nAku idhoddhu(idhi+vaddhu) lEdhA nAkidhi(nAku+idhi) vaddhu

to-me this-not-want or to-me-this not-want

I don't want this or I don't want this.


నేను ఏం చేసినా నీ కోసమే చేస్తున్నాను.

nEnu Em chEsinA nI kOsamE chEsthunnAnu

i anything if-done your for-only am-doing

What ever I do, I am doing that only for(the sake of) you.


నా పరిస్థితి అర్థం చేసుకో దయచేసి ప్లీజ్

nA parisThithi arTham chEsukO dhayachEsi plIz

my condition understand do please/please

Please understand my condition.


నేనెక్కడ ఉన్నా నువ్వు కనిపెట్టలేవు

nEnekkada(nEnu+ekkada) unnA nuvvu kanipettalEvu

i-where there you can't-find

Wherever I am, you can't find me.


నేనెక్కడ ఉన్నాననేది నువ్వు కనిపెట్టలేవు


nEnekkada unnAnanEdhi(unnAnu+anEdhi) nuvvu kanipettalEvu

i-where thing-that-there you cannot-find.

You cannot find the thing that where I am ( You cannot find me where I am ).


నాక్కావలసింది నీ దెగ్గర/దగ్గర ఉంది.

nAkkAvalasindhi(nAku+kAvalasindhi) nI dheggara/dhaggara undhi

thing-i-want your near/near there.

What I want is with you.


నేనిలా చెప్తానని వాడు/ఆమె/వాళ్ళు ఊహించలేదు.

nEnilA(nEnu+ilA) chepthAnani vAdu/Ame/vAllu UhinchalEdhu

i-like-this that-will-say he/she/they didn't-expect

He/she/they didn't expect that I will say like this.


నేనింత కష్టపడినా ఫలితం దక్కకపోవచ్చు

nEnintha(nEnu+intha) kashtapadinA phalitham dhakkakapOvacchu

i-this-much though-workedhard result may-not-get.

Though I workhard this much, I may not get the result.


నాకు ఆ ముగ్గురి/ఇద్దరి/నలుగురి/ పేర్లు తెలుసు.

nAku A mugguri/iddhari/naluguri pErlu thelusu

to-me those/that threes'/twos'/fours' names know

I know the names of those three/two/four persons.


నాకింకా కొంచం కావాలి.

nAkinkA(nAku+inkA) koncham kAvAli

to-me-still little want.

I still want little more.


ఇంకా నా పని పూర్తికాలేదు.

inkA nA pani pUrthikAlEdhu

still my work not-completed

Still my work is not completed.


నేనడిగింది తెచ్చావా?

nEnadigindhi(nEnu+adigindhi) thecchAva(pronounce 'cchA' as 'cha' in 'chat')

that-i-asked brought?

Did you bring what i asked?


నాకింకా కొంచం సమయం కావాలి.

nAkinkA(nAku+inkA) koncham samayam kAvAli

to-me-still little time want

I still want little/some more time


నాకైతే ఇదే కరెక్ట్ అనిపిస్తుంది.

nAkaithE(nAku+aithE) idhE karekt anipisthundhi

to-me-means this-only correct feeling

According to me(to me means), I am feeling that this only is correct


నాకేం చెయ్యాలో అర్థం కావటంలేదు.

nAkEm cheyyAlO arTham kAvatamlEdhu

to-me-what have-to-do understand not

I am unable to understand what to do.


నేనెన్ని సార్లు ప్రయత్నించినా నాకది దక్క లేదు.

nEnenni(nEnu+enni) sArlu prayathninchinA nAkidhi(nAku+idhi) dhakkalEdhu

i-how-many times though-tried to-me-that not-got

Though I have tried for many times, I didn't get it.


నాకెన్నో చెయ్యాలనుంది.

nAkennO(nAku+ennO) cheyyAlanundhi(cheyyAli+anundhi)

to-me-many want-to-do

I want to do many.


నాకెన్నో చెయ్యాలనిపిస్తుంది.

nAkennO(nAku+ennO) cheyyAlanipisthundhi(cheyyAli+anipisthundhi)

to-me-many feel-to-do.

I am feeling that I want to do many.


నాకిది బాగా కష్టంగా అనిపిస్తుంది.

nAkidhi(nAku+idhi) bAgA kashtamgA anipisthundhi

to-me-this very-much difficultly feeling.

I am feeling that this is very much difficult.


ఎందుకోగాని నేనేం చేసినా అది తప్పవుతుంది.

endhukOgAni nEnEm chEsinA adhi thappavuthundhi(thappu+avuthundhi)

don't-know-why i-what if-done that turning-wrong

Don't know why, what ever I do, that is turning wrong.


నాకిది నచ్చలేదు.

nAkidhi(nAku+idhi) nacchalEdhu

to-me-this not-liked

I didn't like this.


నాకిది నచ్చింది.

nAkidhi(nAku+idhi) nacchindhi

to-me-this liked

I liked this.


నన్నందరూ రాము అని పిలుస్తారు.

nannandharU(nannu+andharU) rAmu ani pilusthAru

me-all/everyone ramu as call

Everyone/all call me as Ramu.


నన్ను కూడా తీసుకెళ్ళు.

nannu kUdA thIsukellu

me also take

Take me also


నన్ను విడిచి వెళ్ళకు ప్లీజ్.

nannu vidichi vellaku plIz

me having-left don't-go please

Please don't go leaving me.


ఈ బాధ్యత నా మీద పెట్టి వెళ్ళకు.

I bADhyatha nA mIdha petti vellaku

that responsibility my/me on/over having-put don't-go

Don't go putting that responsibility on me.


నా చొక్కా రంగు తెలుపు.

nA chokkA rangu thelupu

my shirt colour white.

My shirt colour is white.


నా కారు చాలా పెద్దది

nA kAru chAlA peddhadhi

my car very-much big-one

My car is very big.


నేనెన్ని సార్లు చెప్పినా నీకిది అర్థం కాదు.

nEnenni(nEnu+enni) sArlu cheppinA nIkidhi(nIku+idhi) arTham kAdhu

i-how-many times though-said to-you-this not-understandable

How many ever times I say also, you will not understand this.


నా పని అయిపోయింది.

nA pani ayipOindhi

my work got-over.

My work got over.


నా పని ఇంకా అవ్వలేదు.

nA pani inkA avvalEdhu

my work still not-done/completed

My work is not yet done/completed



నా పేరు బాగుందా?

nA pEru bAgundhA(bAgA+undhA)?

my name nice/good?

Is my name nice/good?


నాకిది అర్థమైంది.

nAkidhi arThamaindhi(arTham+ayyindhi)

to-me-this understood

I understood this.


నాకిది అర్థం కాలేదు.

nAkidhi arTham kAlEdhu

to-me-this understand not.

I didn't understand this.






---------------------------------------------------

UTSAVA MURTHY OF LORD SRI MALAYAPPA(VENKATESWARA) WITH SRIDEVI AND BHUDEVI
(Click on the image to view full size)

8 comments:

Anonymous,  13 November 2011 at 11:21  

Thank you for putting all these sentenses together! I am looking for sites to teach telugu to my kids and came across yours. I would definitely use this info for reference.

A Telugu Guy 13 November 2011 at 18:38  

Thank you sir for your words of appreciation. I'll try to add more to the blog as and when time permits.

Anonymous,  10 January 2012 at 15:33  

i cant read telugu alphabets :(.. wish u could have kept a transliteration...

A Telugu Guy 10 January 2012 at 21:48  

@Above
I must say I'm busy now, but rest assured that I'll transliterate once I get free time. BUT I always encourage everyone to learn how to read Telugu alphabet. It should hardly take more than three hours if your mother tongue is an Indian language. I'm surprised why people are not showing interest in this when they are showing tremendous interest in learning Telugu words/grammar/sentences.

Dhana Latchmi Nadarajan 28 January 2012 at 01:28  

I'm having difficulty learning the Telugu alphabets. Thats because my mother tongue is Tamil which I can read and write but its written form of alphabets are extremely different from Telugu though they sound very similar... Thats y I thought it'll be easier to learn the spoken Telugu.

A Telugu Guy 29 January 2012 at 00:46  

There is very little difference between written and spoken forms of Telugu. For example if you read some Telugu text, it is mostly the spoken form too. So it's definitely an advantage to know how to read Telugu text. If you show interest you will not have difficulties. But anyway it's up to you. And I also have decided to add transliteration to all my posts considering many requests from the readers.

Anonymous,  1 December 2012 at 20:51  

This is an excellent page to learn telugu and also helps to correct for beginners like me. Keep it up.

Unknown 14 March 2021 at 12:22  

వచ్చే వారం నా వేసవి సెలవులు మీకు తెలిసినందుకు నేను సంతోషిస్తున్నాను.

నేను ఇప్పటికే నా సెలవు కోసం ప్రణాళికలు సిద్ధం చేయడం ప్రారంభించాను. ఈసారి నేను కేరళలోని ఆ భాగానికి వెళ్లాలని ప్లాన్ చేశాను, అక్కడ చక్రవర్టిన్ అశోక్ సామ్రాట్ అనే సీరియల్ లోని కొన్ని సన్నివేశాలను చిత్రీకరించాను.

కేరళ ప్రతి ఒక్కరిని సందర్శించడానికి ఒక అద్భుతమైన ప్రదేశం. అది కచ్చితంగా దేవుని సొంత ప్రదేశం అని పిలువబడి౦ది...! ప్రకృతిపట్ల, ప్రకృతి సౌందర్యంపట్ల నా ప్రేమ మీకు తెలుసు! నేను ఒక రకమైన రెస్టారెంట్ లో డైన్ చేయడానికి గార్డెన్ ద్వారా నడవడానికి ఇష్టపడతాను. సో, క్లుప్తంగా చెప్పాలంటే, నేను నిజమైన పాంటీస్ట్ ని, మరియు కేరళ సందర్శించడానికి అత్యుత్తమ ప్రదేశం. మా నాన్న స్నేహితుడు కేరళలో నివసిస్తున్నాడు మరియు అందమైన ప్రదేశం చుట్టూ చూపించడానికి అతడు అంగీకరించాడు. మేము ఖచ్చితంగా కేరళ కొన్ని మసాలాలు పట్టుకుంటాము... ఆహ్! కేరళలో కూడా బోటు ప్రయాణం ఉంది. కేరళ కొబ్బరి కాయలను నేను ఇష్టపడతా.

నేను మీరు ఈ అద్భుతమైన సెలవు లో నాతో చేరండి కావలసిన... మీరు ఇంకా మీ ప్లాన్ లు రూపొందించారా? లేదా మీరు రోజంతా మీ చేతిలో "ఫిష్ రెసిపీ బుక్స్"తో కోల్ కతా వద్ద ఉండాలని అనుకుంటున్నారా?






  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP